SLS, short for Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, is a strong industrial chemical, a foaming agent commonly used in most bath and beauty products. The nice foaming action and big bubbles most bubble baths, shower gels, shampoos and soaps have? That is SLS!
Cheap and popular way to get a rich foamy effect going, SLS is found in over 98% of all bath and beauty products on the market.
However, consumer beware! SLS has a more sinister side. A recent studies indicate, SLS, carries the danger of:
- Being absorbed into the bloodstream,
- Building up in the internal organs such as liver, kidneys and brain,
- Forming nitrosamines (carcinogens),
- Causing skin irritations
- Causing skin allergies
- Causing skin dehydration
- Gum disease and gingivitis
- And more
Realistically, it is hard to avoid SLS based products. It is even harder to find SLS free products. But the trouble is well worth it! SLS free products use mild saponifying agents sourced from nature. By going with SLS free products, consumer benefits by having:
- No skin irritation
- No skin allergies
- No harmful substances
- Not absorbed into bloodstream
- No gum diseases
- All natural mild saponifiers
- Saponifyers sourced from nature
- Great natural hydration
- Gentle natural cleansing action
- Works with your skin balance
- Does not strip protective layer of skin
- Softens skins naturally
- Premium skin care that is good for you!
The choice is ultimately up to the consumer. And naturally – you have to ask yourself – what is the price of good health? Is it really worth it to pay one dollar less for SLS based shower gel today, just to pay thousands in medical bills later? Thankfully, there are great SLS free choices out there for those of us not willing to compromise our health.
For more information on SLS free products consult SLS free product expert, Nina Bella Collection.